How long Cocaine stays in your system is essential to know. In normal circumstances, the Cocaine appears in blood and saliva tests for at least two days after the last use.
It remains for about three days in urine tests and remains in the hair for about months or years.
Your body will take a long time if you use it for a long time. You check a cocaine user by following a urine test in which Cocaine last for two weeks. If you mix it with alcohol, weight, and metabolic factors are responsible for increasing its elimination time.
In this article, our main topic of discussion is “How long does cocaine stay in your system.”
What Is Cocaine?
Cocaine is considered to be a highly addictive powerful stimulant. Cocaine is made up in a complex process using the coca plant leaves. These coca plant leaves are chewed for a long time and are used as:
- Source of energy
- An anesthetic
- Way to cure altitude sickness, which is most common in Ades’s region of South America.
The effects of coca plant leaves show significant effects when it turns into Cocaine. In most countries’ Cocaine is used in powdered form, mainly inhaled into sinuses. Some people also smoke and inject it.
What Do You Know About The Early Effects Of Using Cocaine?
As you know, Cocaine is a powerful stimulant, and due to this reason, most people become cocaine abusers. Frenzy is a term mainly used for cocaine abusers who repeatedly use Cocaine for a short time to stay high.
An uncomfortable downfall may influence binge drinking, and a person may wish to take extra doses to manage the drop fall.
Regularly cocaine intake can result in cocaine abuse. According to National Survey on Drug Use and Health, about 966,000 people around the age of 12 years match the cocaine abuse problem, which is termed as cocaine addiction.
What Is The Typical Duration To Feel The Effects Of Cocaine?
- Cocaine is one of the best fast-acting drugs. Its effects depend on the method by which you use it. If you take it orally, its effects will show in three minutes.
- You will feel results quickly if you smoke or inject Cocaine.
- You will feel the effects of Cocaine, in short, whatever method you are using.,
- The only reason for the variation of effects depends on the time to reach the systemic circulation.
- When you inhale Cocaine, it passes through mucous, epidermis, and other body membranes to reach circulation.
What Is The Half-Life Of Cocaine?
Its half-life is about one hour. Half-life means your body system requires about 60 minutes to absorb Cocaine.
But extended Cocaine may result in a longer half-life compared to normal Cocaine. It helps detect Cocaine in the bloodstream for laboratory workers.
Lets Read: How Long Does Percocet Stay In Your System?
How Long Does Cocaine Stay In Your System?
There are several systems in your body, and these systems possess different tenures to keep Cocaine. A summary of these systems is given below
|Body System||Time of cocaine stay|
|Hair||Months to years|
|Urine||Usually, 3 days, but it can stay up to 2 weeks for heavy users|
- You can find out Cocaine in the blood and saliva of the patient up to 2 days from the last use.
- You can find out Cocaine in the hair of users for months to years.
- You can find Cocaine in urine for up to 3 days typically but up to 2 weeks in addicts.
- There are several laboratory tests about Cocaine, but a urine test is preferable and commonly used.
- Remember that if anyone is a cocaine addict or knows that his cocaine test is positive must know about the dangers of Cocaine and try his best to avoid it.
- If the user cannot stop it, there are chances of cocaine use disorder.
Lets Explore: How Long Does Xanax Stay In Your System?
Which Factors Are Responsible For Causing The Stay Of Cocaine In Your Baby?
There are a lot of factors responsible for Cocaine staying in your system; some of them are:
- Dose of Cocaine
- Number of time cocaine use
- The period of the dose
- pH of urine.
- Urine concentration
- Mass of body
- Liver and kidney condition.
Does Method Of Use Affect How Long Does Cocaine Stay In Your System?
No, it does not affect it. It is because the only thing which depends on the method of use is how rapidly it will reach your brain. But remember, it will not affect how long it will stay in your system.
Cocaine generally stays in your urine for about 3 to 6 hours from the last use, regardless of the method of use. AAC is considered to be the Nation’s leader in addiction treatment. also check this How Long Does Ativan Stay In Your System?
How Your Body Metabolizes Cocaine?
Your blood and liver are two primary components that are meant to metabolize Cocaine. The principal metabolizer of Cocaine is Benzoylecgonine, which is present in urine and is the easter of Ecgonine methyl ester.
You can detect this metabolizer in urine for about 4 days, depending on the frequency of use and dose.
Benzoylecgonine is considered to be the primary metabolite in drug testing. It is because it comes with a urine concentration 50 to 100 times greater than the typical concentration of Cocaine.
Is It Possible To Keep Cocaine In Your Body System If You Combine It With Alcohol?
There are a lot of problems that can happen if you use Cocaine by combining it with alcohol.
If a person uses Cocaine by combining it with alcohol, it will affect motor learning skills and psychomotor performance.
- It will also cause an increase in the heart rate of users.
- Combining Cocaine with alcohol will lead to an increase of 30 percent in cocaine levels in the blood.
- If the user combines it with coca ethylene, it will cause an increase in the cardiotoxic effects of Cocaine.
- It will also cause the slow removal of Cocaine from the body of an organism.
What Are Typical Signs Of Cocaine Addiction?
Cocaine can cause several problems in the human body. Cocaine addicts may suffer from mental problems, physical health problems, and relationship disturbances.
Some typical signs of cocaine addiction include:
- Hectic mood
- Decrease in body weight
- Soreness around the mouth area
- Waking for an extended period
- Nose bleeding
- Muscle twitches
- Drug desires
- Basic financial problem
- Withdrawal symptoms in the absence of drug
What Are Cocaine Screening Methods And Drug Tests?
As you know, the typical half-life of Cocaine is about 30 minutes, meaning that after one hour of Cocaine, its active parts enter the bloodstream. Before reaching the bloodstream, it will be reduced by up to 50 percent.
Several tests are used to detect Cocaine in your body system. Some of them are given below:
A urine test is considered to be the most common method of cocaine screening. To test Cocaine, the user asks to urinate in a cup, and after that sample is sent to the respective lab to detect Benzoylecgonine and other metabolites of Cocaine.
This test gives you immediate results, but its accuracy needs to be better defined.
Cocaine remains in the patient’s blood remains for up to 12 hours. But you can detect Benzoylecgonine in the user’s blood for about 48 hours. This test is not much more common compared to saliva and urine tests, and it is because it takes a long time to give results. This test is mainly conducted in hospitals and medical offices.
You are also able to detect Cocaine in the saliva of the user for about two days of use. Suppose you want to detect Cocaine in the user’s saliva. The medical professional will use a special swab or device for Cocaine in the saliva.
After collecting samples, it is delivered into the protected tube. This test is more secure and complicated than a urine test.
Hair cocaine is one of the most complex options for drug testing. You can generally detect a considerable amount of Cocaine in hair samples. As you know, Cocaine remains in your hair for several months after use, and it also depends on the length or shaft of the hair sample.
In addition to these, you can detect cocaine doses in segmented hair.
Conclusion – How Long Does Cocaine Stay In Your System?
How long does Cocaine stay in your system? It remains for about three days in urine tests and remains in the hair for about months or years. Its half-life is about one hour.
The most test used to detect Cocaine in your system includes Urine test, Hair test, and saliva test. Cocaine can cause several problems in the human body. Cocaine addicts may suffer from mental problems, physical health problems, and relationship disturbances.